Get All Of Our Valuable Resources And Links
Get the Facts
- Makus Foundation “Our name stands for Michael Appleby Keeping Us Safe. We were founded in memory of Michael, who was a student at Notre Dame High School in Chattanooga, Tennessee, when he died in a car crash at age 16.”
- The Teen Driving website was created by a teen 10 years ago because so many of his classmates were getting into accidents, some of which were fatal. On this site you’ll find safe driving tips for all ages.
- The California DMV Practice Test is a free online tool that was created to prepare candidates for the California DMV written test.
- Teen Motor Vehicle Safety: CDC reports that automobile accidents account for the highest amount of death in the US. Teens are four times more likely to get into an automobile accident than adult drivers. This site gives helpful information keeping kids safe while behind the wheel.
- Safe Teen Driving: Provides a list of teen related driving situations where the new driver can become distracted. There are useful suggestions to help avoid each dangerous situation.
- Graduated Driver Licensing: The National Safety Council gives information on the three stages of licensing a teen driver goes through. The learner’s permit, a provisional license and a full license.
- Distracted Driving: As a part of the US department of transportation, this organization is campaigning to educate teens about the distractions that can occur while driving. The hope is that this education will prevent many accidents by removing the distractions.
- Youth for Road Safety: Y.O.U.R.S. supports the initiative to keep young people safe on the roads. They believe that the crashes are preventable and mobilizing peer to peer communication is the best course of action.
- Students Against Destructive Decisions: This is a peer group of teenagers that originally started to help teens say no to drinking and driving. Now this organization has expanded to include helping teens combat other peer pressures.
- Project Ignition: This is a group that is sponsored by State Farm Insurance and coordinated by the National Youth Leadership Council. They host a national teen driver safety competition.
- Teen Driving Agreement: The American Academy of Pediatrics has a driving agreement like a contract between parents and teen drivers. This is a great contract to utilize when giving teen drivers the privilege to drive. This sets boundaries and consequences if rules are broken in advance.
- Buying Your First Car: This website offers great tips and pointers on buying a first car. This guide walks through the car search and the paperwork that is part of buying a car.
- Safest Cars For Teens: Consumer Report publishes a report and video on the best and most safe cars for teens each year. This list is the top rated used cars in terms of safety.
- Teens Driving Under the Influence: US Department of Education’s Higher Education Center estimates a staggering number of teens drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Impaired driving continues to be a top teen car crash contributor.
- Drugged Driving: The National Institute on Drug Abuse has provided an extensive overview of statistics and resources for teens driving while under the influence. This information also talks about the affects of prescription medications as well.